Skip to content
Simple Tips for Having Cold Bath
March 15, 2017
We all bath and we all need to. When we were small our parents used to give us bath whether we wanted to or not. But now we are big, no one is going to force us, well they can’t because we are now adult and we have our own rights to make decisions. They even can’t dictate how many times should we bathe or how should we do it unless we are directly affecting them.
But also we bath, because not having bath makes you look like stinky savage. Some do it daily whereas some feel hard even to bath in weekend.
Moreover bathing daily is a good thing, bathing gives new freshness and vibrancy. Everyday our skin sweats a lot and attracts lots of dirt. This gives bacteria and harmful germs to flourish, which ultimately affects our health and skin. Bathing washes them all and brings newness in body. Bathing helps to remain hygienic and even prevent communicable diseases.
I personally prefer to bath daily with cold water. As written above there are many benefits of bathing regularly but there are extra more benefits bathing daily with cold water, here I like to mention some extra benefits:
1. Health benefits: Bathing with water helps in blood circulation and increases brown fat which is good for health. Moreover bathing with cold water increases immunity and produces more white blood cells.
2. Cold bath is good for our skin and hair as it helps to preserve moisture whereas warm water dries our skin.
3. Increase in Willpower: Having a cold bath daily takes a lot of will power, many people can’t do it. But doing it daily can increase your willpower and resiliency. This increase in willpower starts to make positive effect in other area of life.
4. It even reduces depression and releases stress.
5. My Personal View: Currently I live in a place where warming the water comes with hassle and if you are bathing daily then it is worse. Moreover it’s actually easy to just fill the bucket with tap water and bath, it also saves energy and there are more benefits of cold bath. Bathing with cold water gives me independence, no matter wherever I go, I don’t have to worry about not having warm water to bath but if it is about having only warm water then it’s not a problem. I have also noticed myself being more productive and proactive, I have felt being less susceptible to cold. It has also made lots of positive affect in other aspects of my routine and my life.
My tips for having cold bath:
Well having a cold bath is a big deal esp. if you haven’t tried it or if you live in cold region or if you bath in cold morning. In past, I also used to feel the same, I had to wait for the sun to fully come-out inorder to take bath. But I created a technique to make cold bath more easier. Well I don’t know whether this is scientific method or not, but this has worked for me. I just try to be as slow (but not so slow, it takes 5-10 minutes for me to bath) as possible allowing the body to lose heat slowly and hence feeling less cold.
At first, I start from leg, I just paint it with water, then use soap and scrub. Then I do the same thing for hand and upper body respectively. Then I go for head. After that, I rinse the body by pouring water from tap, which don’t give me much shock, as my body has already loosen substantial amount of heat. It’s easy to bath like this, well easier than giving the body shock by directly pouring the cold water from top.
Moreover, create a routine. Our brain tries to automate things as much as possible, so if you create routine i.e. (Trigger-Desired Activity-Reward) then it will be easy. I have been bathing with cold water since last 7-8 months everyday. I clean my room and take bath. My brain is automated to bath after cleaning the room, cleaning the room acts like a trigger for me to bath. And reward is freshness and feeling of accomplishments that comes after bathing. And more regularly I do it, the more automatic and habitual it gets, hence becomes more easy.